I Have a Dream Foundation
The “I Have a Dream” Foundation of Boulder County (IHAD) is seeking compassionate, organized, and dedicated work-study students who would serve as Educational Assistants at one of five afterschool learning centers around Boulder County.
IHAD is a nonprofit that serves children from low-income communities (Dreamers), supporting their efforts to reach their education and career goals. IHAD provides a long-term (10+ years) intervention program of mentoring, tutoring, enrichment, and access to opportunities they would not have otherwise. Upon graduation from high school, each Dreamer is eligible to receive a tuition-assistance scholarship for college or vocational school. We currently serve roughly 300 Dreamers throughout Boulder County. Dreamers attend programming Monday – Friday and participate in a variety of activities to develop their academic and social/emotional skills.
- Assist IHAD Program Staff in planning and implementing age-appropriate behavior management plans for Dreamers
- Assist Iris Program Staff in distributing snacks to Dreamers at start of program
- Assist IHAD Program Staff in matching Dreamers with tutors to best utilize volunteer
- If authorized, transport Dreamers in IHAD vehicle before and after programming, as needed.
- Facilitate math and literacy workshops to help Dreamers improve upon the skills/knowledge they’ve already developed in the classroom
- Interview with Program Staff and Tutor Coordinator.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Available multiple evenings during the semester.
- Experience working with youth and diverse communities, preferred.
- Spanish proficiency, preferred.
Interested applicants should contact Shelbi Taylor, "I Have a Dream" Tutor Coordinator, tutorsAT_ihaveadreamboulder.org or 303-444-3636 x 40.
Human Resources Generalist