Naropa University's Zero Waste goal is to mindfully support the university in being a sustainable system where resources are fully used and waste is reduced to a minimum. Below are some highlights our our zero waste efforts:
- Over 80% diversion rate
- Campus-wide recycling and composting bins - in all common areas in all buildings, and in all exterior collection bins.
- 100% of landscaping waste is either composted on-site or locally. On-site compost is returned to the campus as fertilizer.
- Terracycle recycling program for office supplies and nutrition bar wrappers
- All residential students are provided with kitchen composting bins
- 100% of electronic waste is recycled through CHARM
- The Naropa Café composts all food scraps and the compost goes to their local farm