Apply for the Lenz Fellowship
The Frederick P. Lenz Foundation Residential Fellowship for Buddhist Studies and American Culture and Values
Q: How do I apply?
A: There is no application form. Applicants are asked to provide a letter not exceeding four single-spaced pages detailing the following:
- Proposed project on the theme, Buddhism and American Culture & Values, including timeline and anticipated final product.
- Prior education, professional work and accomplishments that lay the foundation for the proposed project.
- Applicant’s prior study and/or involvement in meditation or other contemplative practice.
- Proposed plan of study while on the Naropa University campus, detailing courses, faculty, centers, etc., with which the applicant wishes to affiliate.
- Proposed lecture, teaching, workshop or other professional offering to the campus while in residency.
- Budget request, including estimates for travel to/from Boulder, and other sources of funding during the Fellowship residency.
Applicants must include a detailed resume, curriculum vitae or professional biography. In addition, for individuals on sabbatical or other leave from another institution, a letter of support from the applicant’s direct supervisor is required, including a statement about any sources of funding for the proposed leave. Independent scholars, artists and activists should include a letter from a colleague familiar with their work discussing the merits of the proposal.
Applications should be postmarked no later than December 1, 2014, and mailed to:
Lenz Residential Fellowship Program
Office of Academic Affairs
2130 Arapahoe Avenue
Boulder, CO 80302