Apply for the Lenz Fellowship
How do I apply for the Lenz Foundation Fellowship?
There is no application form. Applicants are asked to provide a cover letter not exceeding four single-spaced pages detailing the following:
- Proposed project on the theme, Buddhism and American Culture & Values, including timeline and anticipated final product.
- Prior education, professional work and accomplishments that lay the foundation for the proposed project.
- Applicant’s prior study and/or involvement in meditation or other contemplative practice.
- Proposed plan of study while on the Naropa University campus, detailing courses, faculty, centers, etc., with which the applicant wishes to affiliate.
- Proposed lecture, teaching, workshop or other professional offering to the campus while in residency.
- Budget request, including estimates for travel to/from Boulder, and other sources of funding during the Fellowship residency.
Applicants must also include:
- A detailed resume, curriculum vitae or professional biography.
- For individuals on sabbatical or other leave from another institution, a letter of support from the applicant’s direct supervisor is required, including a statement about any sources of funding for the proposed leave. Independent scholars, artists and activists should include a letter from a colleague familiar with their work discussing the merits of the proposal.
Hard Copy Applications should be postmarked no later than December 1, 2015, and mailed to:
Lenz Residential Fellowship Program
Office of Academic Affairs
2130 Arapahoe Avenue
Boulder, CO 80302
E-mail applications are also accepted. All materials should be sent to Alex Printzios, Lenz Graduate Assistant, no later than December 1, 2015 at: lenzgradasstAT_naropa.edu.
For more information, please contact ProvostExecAsstAT_naropa.edu.