Authentic Leadership Certificate Program
January 11–May 6, 2016
Become the leader the world needs now.
The Authentic Leadership Program provides a powerful approach to personal and professional transformation that increases a leader's capacity for clarity, compassion and effective action in life and at work. Drawing on the disciplines of neuroscience, Buddhism, complexity science, organizational learning, and leadership, the program offers proven methods and practices that help leaders cultivate self-awareness and creativity, strengthen and enhance their relationships with others, and effectively lead the changes they want to see in their organizations and in the world.
The certificate program spans sixteen weeks of combined classroom and online instruction. The course work blends the best of Western leadership practices with the wisdom of Eastern contemplative traditions, providing a transformative learning experience that encourages deep, personal reflection, fast assimilation of conceptual models, and practical application to use in the workplace.
Watch a video of Susan Skjei on the importance of authentic leadership training.
- Sixteen weeks of internet-based instruction
- Two five-day on-site seminars
- Five individual sessions with professional leadership coaches
- Online interaction with instructors and colleagues
- Action-learning projects in the workplace
- Teleconferences with coaches and colleagues
- Online interaction with instructors during sixteen weeks of Internet-based instruction
Online instruction allows participants to download readings, share ideas, and participate at their own pace from anywhere in the world. Onsite sessions provide in-depth instruction and practice of authentic leadership skills. Individual and group coaching sessions help participants integrate and apply their learning.
- Authenticity, self-reflection and personal mastery
- Skillful conversation and conflict resolution
- Collaboration, decision making and teamwork
- Power, influence and empowerment
- Leading organizational change
Learn more about our 2015 Authentic Leadership faculty.
16 weeks online with two five-day live intensives
Online Program: January 11–May 6, 2016
Onsite 1: January 25–January 29, 2016
Onsite 2: April 11–April 15, 2016
Sessions occur at Naropa University in Boulder, Colorado.
Noncredit Tuition: $4,800
This certificate program can be taken for credit (see below) or for noncredit/certificate only. If a participant selects to take the program for noncredit they cannot switch to credit at a later date.
Scholarship: Applications for partial scholarship are made available each year for students taking the program for noncredit.
* Travel, lodging, and food are not included. Multiple discounts and/or scholarships do not apply.
Graduate Credit Tuition: (MAR500e, 6 credits): $6500. $975/credit + a $650 materials fee, which includes a technology fee and coaching.
* Travel, lodging, and food are not included. Discounts and scholarships do not apply if taking the program for credit.
Documentation is available for corporate tuition reimbursement programs and for bank loan programs when Authentic Leadership (MAR500e) is taken for 6 graduate credits. Naropa University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Noncredit vs. Graduate Credit
Taking a class non credit means that you are not responsible for fulfilling the academic requirements for the class and you are not graded for your participation. As a result, you will not nor will you be able to in the future, receive academic credit for your participation should you choose to enroll noncredit now. It is not possible to "upgrade" a noncredit class in order to receive academic credit.