Transpersonal Counseling Psychology
Transpersonal Counseling Psychology—Master of Arts
The graduate Transpersonal Counseling Psychology programs at Naropa University take a holistic view of human psychology. Rather than viewing psychology from the perspective of mental health or illness, transpersonal psychology examines psychological experience along with the vast realm of human spiritual phenomena that include mystical or religious experiences, intuition, different states of consciousness, creativity, and contemplative practice.
Offering three concentrations—Counseling Psychology, Wilderness Therapy, and Art Therapy—the Master of Arts in Transpersonal Counseling Psychology program uses a rigorous exploration of the great psychological movements of the East and West, the world's wisdom traditions, contemplative education, and practical experience to help you develop the tools to help others transcend suffering and express their fullest potential.
Transpersonal Counseling Psychology Master's Degree Highlights
- Participate in a 30-hour Counseling Experiential with your own psychotherapist to acquire knowledge of yourself and the therapeutic relationship.
- Complete intensive mindfulness and meditation training to develop both self-awareness and the ability to present with your clients.
- Hone counseling skills during your second-year community-based practicum.
- Complete a 700-hour community-based placement during your third year.
Duration: The Transpersonal Counseling Psychology programs can be completed in three years full-time or four years on a part-time basis.
- Counseling Psychology will prepare you to approach counseling with a transpersonal and humanistic approach.
- Wilderness Therapy will prepare you to incorporate wilderness experiences into your counseling practice.
- Art Therapy will prepare you to use creative expression and art for the purposes of psychological and spiritual healing.
The Art Therapy program is accredited by the American Art Therapy Association and was designed in to align with the association's guidelines for ATR training.
Careers of Transpersonal Counseling Psychology Program Graduates
Transpersonal Counseling Psychology graduates go on to work in an enormous variety of settings with people of all ages and needs. Naropa's Transpersonal Counseling Psychology alumni are working as administrators, teachers, addiction counselors, equine therapists, school counselors, art therapists, grief counselors, and more.
Other Naropa University MA Counseling Psychology Programs
Explore the differences between Contemplative Psychotherapy, Somatic Counseling Psychology, and Transpersonal Counseling Psychology here.
graduate school of
Toll Free: 800-772-6951
2130 Arapahoe Avenue
Boulder, CO 80302