Placing Print Reserves
- How to Place an Item on Reserve
- How to Order New Items for Reserve
- Deadlines and Turnaround Time
- Reserves Policies
- Reserves Q & A
How to Place an Item on Reserve
- Look up the item in the library catalog and fill out the Print Reserves Form on the library forms page. This form is also available in paper at the circulation desk in the library.
- Forms can be filled out in Word and emailed to libraryAT_naropa.edu, or brought in to the library.
- Library staff will pull materials for you if you are unable to come in to the library.
- Personal copies placed on reserve must have the owner’s name, email and phone number attached to the item. Ordinarily we will order a library copy and return your personal copy to you when it is replaced.
- Items eligible for reserve: books, CDs, DVDs, VHS tapes, audio tapes.
- If you have further questions contact Sherri Pauli at spauliAT_naropa.edu or, call the circulation desk at 303 546 3507.
- First check the library catalog to verify that the library does not already own the item.
- On the Print Reserves Request Form, record the ISBN, title, author, publisher and publication year of the requested item. (Need help finding this information? Visit an online bookseller like amazon.com.)
- Please allow 4 weeks for ordered items. Most items come in within two to three weeks but back orders, books out-of-print and other issues can delay the receipt of your materials.
- You will be notified by email when your order arrives, or, if your order is delayed.
- If you have further questions, please contact Nile Leach at lleachAT_naropa.edu or 303.245.4607
- If possible, please submit Print Reserves Request Forms two weeks prior to the beginning of the semester for availability on the first day of classes. Forms turned in past the first day of the semester will be processed in the order received. Reserves are processed all semester.
- The library will strive to complete your request within 24 hours. Please note that this is not always possible due to demand, item status, etc.
- Please allow 4 weeks for ordered items. Most items come in within two to three weeks but back orders, books out-of-print and other issues can delay the receipt of your materials. If there is going to be a delay, you will be notified by email. Please contact Nile Leach at lleachAT_naropa.edu or 303-245-4607 with questions.
- At the end of the semester, any remaining personal copies will be available for pick-up for one week after classes have ended. After that time they will be returned to the Administrative Specialist of your School. Personal copies may be picked up at any time during the semester.
- By default, each reserves item will circulate (i.e. able to be taken from the library) and have a four-hour checkout period. By request, the checkout period can be changed to 24 or 48 hours. Please mark clearly on the Print Reserves Request Form if you would like a different checkout period.
- You can request that your reserves items not leave the library by checking the box on the Reserves Request Form ("Check to keep in library -- non-circulating").
Is it important to put all my information on every Print Reserves Request Form I turn in?
Yes. Always make all your information available to the reserves staff on every form so they can get in touch with you if there is a problem.
If I’m adding materials to a class I already have things on reserve for, do I need to fill out a new form?
No. You can ask someone at the circulation desk to retrieve your original form so you can make additions.
Where are the materials I placed on reserve last semester?
Personal copies are available for pick up during the week after classes, after which time they are returned to their respective Schools; library items are returned to the shelf in the library.
Do I have to make a new reserves request every semester?
Yes. We will not hold items on reserve all year long; if you need the same items for both fall and spring semester contact us at libraryAT_naropa.edu.
Do I have to get my reserve materials off the shelf myself?
No. Library staff will pull your reserve books for you if you are unable to pull them yourself.
Can I place Permanent Reserves or reference books on reserve for my class?
No. Please direct your students to the Reference or Permanent Reserve location for these items.
I don’t want my reserve materials to leave the library. What do I do?
On the Reserves Request Form you can request that your items stay in the library by checking the box on the form ("Check to keep in library -- non-circulating").
How can I check to see if my materials have been processed for reserve?
You will get an initial status report from the reserves staff once they have processed your items; you will be sent notice on any items that have been ordered or recalled when they come in.
Can I pick up my personal copy if I’m not using it any more?
Yes. Personal copies can be picked up any time during the semester. Any materials you have put on reserve can be removed at any time at your request.
How long will it take for my materials to be put on reserve?
Barring any delays (such as ordering or recalling), we will make every effort to process your reserve request within 24 hours.