As Naropa alumni, you can communicate the value of the unique Naropa experience with firsthand experience. Help us get the word out to others who will also have their lives changed by Naropa University.
There are many ways to stay connected to Naropa and engage in volunteer activities that strengthen our mission. Check out 23 Ways to Get Involved, to identify a list of ways to give back to and connect to Naropa, even if you only have 15 minutes to spare!
We are also delighted to connect with alumni leaders, who are eager to take on a more active role in volunteering. Here are some of the volunteer opportunities that currently exist:
- speak with current students or recent alumni about your career path
- share your advice or wisdom regarding your professional journey, through email, one on one meetings, phone and/or serving on panels or offering workshops
Admissions Alumni Ambassadors
As an alum of Naropa University, you may easily recall the admissions process that you experienced to begin your journey at our great institution. As a result, we are seeking your involvement in the Admissions Alumni Ambassador Program (AAAP). This program connects alumni with prospective students who are currently engaged in the admissions process.
As an ambassador you will communicate with prospective students who are considering Naropa University for their graduate studies.
We may invite you to:
- Meet with, email, and/or call a prospective student to share your experience at Naropa and within your respective program.
- Attend a group informational session and meet with a small group of students to answer any questions they may have.
- Serve on an alumni panel during one of our Open Houses and/or the preview weekend (if applicable).
- Attend a local graduate and professional school fair with an admissions counselor.
- Host an admissions party in your home or business for admitted students in your area.
- Act as a central contact for alumni, parents, prospective students, new graduates, and the Naropa University Alumni Association.
- Serve as a university ambassador at events determined by the University (alumni events, faculty visits, presidential visits).
- Plan the occasional informal event (social events, professional networking events).
- Assist in determining a location for a University event in their region.
- Distribute promotional emails inviting people to attend upcoming event in their area.
- Assist alumni relocating to their area.
See list of current Alumni Regional Volunteers (there may be more than one per area!)
If you are interested in learning more about any of the above alumni leader roles, please contact Melissa Holland, Alumni Relations: 303-546-3597 or email@example.com to share your interest!