Associate Professor, Interdisciplinary Studies | Graduate Academic Advisor
BA in Traditional Eastern Arts
BA in Interdisciplinary Studies
BA in Religious Studies
Master of Divinity
PhD, Cultural Anthropology, Stanford University
MA, Stanford University
BA, Yale College
From the heart
I appreciate Naropa's synthesis of contemplative depth with social transformation.
- Fulbright Fellow to Nigeria – Stanford
- Pickens Prize for Scholarly Excellence – Yale
- Best Buddhist Writing 2007–2009
- I teach mindfulness meditation in prisons.
- I taught eight MDiv students from Howard University at Karmê Chöling last summer.
- INTD 301, 490 Gateway, Capstone Special Topics
- TRA 100 Shambhala Meditation Practicum
- REL 645 Graduate Seminar
- REL 323 Religious Experience in Africa
What book do you find yourself regularly pressing into the hands of students?
Presence by Senge, Scharmer,Jaworski, & Flowers