email@example.com | 303 245 4602Associate Professor, Chair, BA Contemplative Psychology
Naropa attracts fearless and compassionate students who bring inherent curiosity to the learning environment. These curious minds and compassionate hearts create a dynamic classroom filled with powerful discussions and deep insight.
kebana, Japanese Flower Arranging, Jonin Somu:
- Ikebana International 2015 Annual Exhibit at Denver Botanic Gardens
- Yearly Exhibitor at Sogetsu Colorado Annual Spring Show
- Ikebana Zen Demonstration, Modern Art Museum, Colorado Springs, 2013
I'm currently involved in two areas of research:
- examining the effects of mindfulness meditation on the development of compassion through quantitative data collection
- researching contemplative diversity methodologies in order to assist in developing contemplative diversity pedagogy
Buddhist Psychology I: Mindfulness Meditation
Buddhist Psychology II: Awakening Compassion
Maitri: Working with Emotions
Special Topics in Psychology: Contemplative Psychology Authorship
Meditation Practicum: Maitri and Mandala
Continuing to honor Naropa's roots in contemplative pedagogy and growing vibrant curricula that meet the challenges of the modern world.