Housing Options & Rates
Room Options, Costs & Billing
The pricing below is for the 2013–14 academic year (9 months) and does not include the optional meal plans:
- Shared room in a one- or two-bedroom apartment: $2835/semester
- Private room in a two-bedroom apartment: $3900/semester
- Private, one-bedroom apartment: $4950/semester
How will I be billed?
Housing will be added to your Naropa University tuition bill, so the balance is due when your tuition is due. We do ask that you pay the deposit in advance so you can secure your room assignment. When you're budgeting for the year, be sure to include the room cost and the optional meal plan costs. Please contact the Coordinator of Student Accounts at 303-546-3554 for more information about billing and payment.
The university views housing as an integral part of a student's journey and is a place where students are supported with co-curricular, educational and social opportunities necessary for continued personal and academic success.
Failure of a required student to sign a lease, submit a $300 damage deposit, and occupy an assigned space by 9 a.m. on the first day of classes each semester results in termination of the Housing Agreement along with a $300 cancellation fee. In addition, a termination premium of at least 25% of the room fee is owed for the remainder of the academic year. The only exception to this policy is if the student has been granted a residency policy waiver (see below).
Required Housing Students
Students 20 years and younger with less than 30 credits of post-secondary education. These students are required to live at Snow Lion.
Open Housing Students
Students 21 years and older with 30 credits or more of post-secondary education. These students have the option to live at Snow Lion, but are not required.
Required Housing Policy Waivers
You may be waived from living on campus if you meet the following criteria:
- Living with parents/guardians within a 40 mile radius of Boulder.
- At Least 21 Years Old: You will be at least 21 by the first day of the semester for which you are requesting a waiver. Residence Life will verify your birth date.
- Expect to have at least 30 hours by August 1 (for fall) or January 1 (for spring).
- Enrolling in less than 12 credit hours during each semester. Residence life will verify.
- Married or Parent: Determined exempt through marriage, domestic partnership, or parenthood. Attach verifiable documentation such as a marriage certificate, a domestic partnership certificate, or a birth certificate signed by the county clerk.
- Medical Condition: You have a medical condition that requires an off-campus living environment. To request release under this category, you must demonstrate the necessity of such an arrangement with a doctor's note and your personal outline of the change in physical or emotional health you anticipate due to this living situation. Exceptions requests due to medical reasons are determined by the Disability Services Coordinator (located in Student Affairs, 2nd Floor of Wulsin Hall, Arapahoe Campus). In order to request a medical exception, please submit this form, with appropriate documentation. Click here to for more information.
- Other: You feel that your situation warrants a waiver from the residency requirement. To request release under this category, please briefly explain below and then attach a letter that demonstrates your desire to be released from the residency requirement. Release under this provision is extremely unlikely and should not be expected.
Download the Residency Policy Waiver Form.
For questions regarding this policy, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.