Resources for Veterans

Veterans Benefits

Naropa University is approved by the Colorado Office of Veterans Education and Training (COVET) for Veterans Education Benefits. Veterans should request information on eligibility requirements and application procedures from the Financial Aid Office, their local Veterans' Administration branch, or at

The Financial Aid Office requests that students who are eligible for the Post–9/11 GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon benefits, and all students seeking financial aid fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in addition to applying for VA Benefits. March 1 is the priority deadline to submit FAFSA at, and students should re-apply each year for continued financial aid eligibility.

For more information, please contact the School Certifying Official, Sarah Rhett in the Financial Aid Office at or 303-546-3509.

Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Program

Students receiving benefits under Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Program should request an Alternate Billing Address form from the Coordinator of Student Accounts. This form enables the Coordinator of Student Accounts to bill tuition correctly. Students will need to supply the Coordinator of Student Accounts with information pertaining to the billing situation, such as whom to contact, address, phone number and fax number. Additionally please contact the School Certifying Official, so that your enrollment is certified by the school with the Veterans Administration.

For more information about billing, please contact the Coordinator of Student Accounts, Joel Cabrera, at or 303-546-3554.

Office of the Registrar

Registration for Courses

Please note: Students receiving Veterans Educational Benefits must receive letter grades for all classes that are part of the student's degree program. If a class is only offered for pass/fail, it is the student's responsibility to make arrangements with the instructor at the beginning of the semester to receive a letter grade. The student must also see Student Administrative Services to have the grade status changed to "letter grade" in pass/fail courses. The request form may be downloaded on MyNaropa.

Transfer Credit

Naropa University also accepts transfer credit from an official military transcript.  For more information about transfer credit in general, please see the current course catalog.

Withdrawal/Leave of Absence Due to Military Service

Students who are involuntarily activated for military service and military dependents that must move due to involuntary deployment or relocation are eligible for "Emergency Withdrawal" from courses with documentation. Emergency withdrawal allows students to receive a grade of "W" for a credit-earning course or courses and receive a prorated credit for tuition. In some cases, a grade of "incomplete" may be more appropriate for a student as it allows the student to complete some work at a later date. This will be considered on an individual basis. These students are also eligible for extended leaves of absence, if requested by the student. Both Emergency Withdrawal and Leave of Absence procedures are started by contacting an advisor.

Resources for Veterans

U.S. Veterans Outreach Center

Located on Canyon and Folsom St. in Boulder, CO. Call 303-440-7306 for more information, or contact the Naropa University liaison, Naropa alumnus Dennis Sedlack at: .

Veterans Helping Veterans Now

VHVnow has a new facility at 4720 Table Mesa, Suite G200, Boulder, CO. They are open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Stop in to have a cup of coffee, relax, converse, read, watch TV, use computers or Wi-Fi, and listen to music. They can tell you about their programs, support groups, other services in the county or arrange for you to talk to a veteran volunteer.

U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs

Connects you to lots of information about veteran services, news, business opportunities, and legislation. Find a vet center location that will offer readjustment counseling, among other services.

Veteran Archives

Website designed to help you request copies of military personnel records. Use their system to create a customized order form to request information from your or your relative's, military personnel records.

Disabled American Veterans

A nonprofit organization dedicated to building better lives for disabled American veterans. Learn more about the organization or find a local office.

Colorado Work Force Center

The Colorado Department of Labor and Employment has local work force centers that give all US veterans a number of priority services. The Local Veterans Employment Representative (LVER) is prepared to assist veterans in resume building, skill building, job searches, job training and educational programs. The LVER also has links to employers seeking to hire veterans for employment. Please see the website above and follow the LINK for veterans.

Veterans Green Jobs

Veterans Green Jobs (VGJ) provides links to green training and employment. The organization provides veterans with education, support, career development and empowerment in the field of energy independence, restoration, community and economic prosperity that is sustainable. Green jobs are those jobs that help increase America's energy and environmental sustainability and prosperity. Diverse career choices exist in this important field.

Housing and Mortgage Guide for Veterans

This guide will help veterans and active military to understand the benefits of, types of, and eligibility requirements for VA Loans.